One the biggest franchises in video game history is back for more, and showing up soon. You’ve probably already got your money set aside (if you haven’t pre-ordered), but there’s a new trailer for the WiiU experience you’ll get with Resident Evil Revelations, and it shows some interesting possibilities.
Also get a look at a feature rundown. This one looks solid, and offers up a lot of options to keep you going.
The real question is, does the gameplay expand enough to move with the times. The answer seems to be that it does, especially according to a number of reviews, but I still wonder.
What’s your take on this one? Heading out to finally pick up that WiiU?
The fear that was originally brought to players in Resident Evil Revelations on the Nintendo 3DS™ system returns redefined for home consoles and PC complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience.
This latest version of Resident Evil Revelations will also deliver additional content including a terrifying new enemy, extra difficulty mode, integration with ResidentEvil.net and improvements to Raid Mode. Raid Mode, which was first introduced to the series in the original version of Resident Evil Revelations, sees gamers play online in co-op mode or alone in single player taking on the hordes of enemies across a variety of missions whilst leveling up characters and earning weapon upgrades. New weapons, skill sets, and playable characters including Hunk, take the Raid Mode experience to new depths.
The critically acclaimed survival horror title takes players back to the events that took place between Resident Evil®4 and Resident Evil®5, revealing the truth about the T-Abyss virus. Resident Evil Revelations features series favorites Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield, plus their respective BSAA partners – Parker Luciani and Jessica Sherawat. The action begins on board a supposedly abandoned cruise ship, the ‘Queen Zenobia’, where horrors lurk around every corner, before players head for the mainland and the devastated city of Terragrigia. With limited ammo and weapons available, the race is on to survive the horror of Resident Evil Revelations.
- -Enhanced for consoles- The fear that was brought to players in Resident Evil Revelations on the Nintendo 3DS™ system returns redefined complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience.
- -Classic survival horror gameplay returns – the campaign mode’s single player experience sees gamers investigating a range of different locations including the dark confined spaces of a cruise ship and the treacherous snow covered mountains. With limited ammo and weapons, fight off infected enemies that lurk around every corner.
- -Hell just got hotter –Infernal Mode, a new difficulty mode for console versions, is not just more challenging than Easy and Normal modes but also remixes enemy and item placement, so even those familiar with the game will discover new terrors.
- -Meet the Wall Blister – A brand new enemy , the Wall Blister is a mutated creature borne from the T-Abyss virus that spreads through water, adding to the horrors that lurk around every corner
- -Residentevil.net support – Resident Evil Revelations will take full advantage of Residentevil.net with content available to users once the game launches. Earn weapons and custom parts and use them in-game, collect figures that can be used in dioramas and check your stats through the online web service.
- -Improved Raid Mode – New weapons, skill sets, playable characters including Rachel and Hunk and enemies exclusive to this mode are added for the this latest version.
- -Wii U exclusive features – Transfer the horror to the GamePad with Off-TV Play or play with the pro controller and TV alone. Uilizing the Miiverse functionality, leave dying messages on the Game Over screen for other players around the world, or add a personal message to fellow Raid Mode players with the Creatures Voice feature..
- -Use your equipment – Analyze enemies and investigate areas with the Genesis scanner to reveal hidden items.