Earth Day is right around the corner, and it probably isn’t any surprise that BBC Home Entertainment wants to help you celebrate. They have an amazing sweepstakes going on right now (see full details below), but with the release of Frozen Planet, I want to give you something to win right here as well.
It’s awfully difficult trying to compare to an actual Polar Bear Adventure, especially one that includes serious treks into Polar Bear country, dog sleds, and airfare, but I think I’ve got something you’ll be interested in.
As I’m sure you well know, when it comes to Earth Day possibilities, there are no shortage of titles available from BBC, and I have a great selection in store for you. As long as it’s Earth Day, we might as well take a look at… well, the Earth. While we’re at it, few collections have come out that put together a more stunning and in-depth look at the world than BBC’s Natural History Collection.
Put together, I think you’ll agree that this is a fantastic opportunity to get some of the best documentary treasures available, and I’m really glad to have the chance to make this available to you.
Let’s take a quick look at what we’ve got, then I’ll give you the details on the Polar Bear Adventure Sweepstakes, and then you just have to get busy entering.
The Frozen Planet Blu-ray™ and DVD presents the original 7-part series as broadcast in the UK, narrated by world-renowned naturalist David Attenborough. It includes over 90 minutes not shown on television, plus 4 hours of extras.
- Science at the Ends of the Earth – An examination of the remarkable scientific work being performed at the South Pole.
- Freeze Frame – A series of 7 10-minute “making of” featurettes, one for each episode.
- Production Video Diaries – A set of 47 video shorts made by the Frozen Planet producers, directors, camera crew and more giving personal insights into this remarkable series.
- Frozen Planet: The Epic Journey – The best moments from this remarkable series compiled into one 60-minute highlights special.
- Music Only Viewing Option.
- Includes both English and Parisian French narration options and English, Spanish and Canadian French subtitles.
Planet Earth: Limited Collector’s Edition (Blu-ray)
A truly world-class collectible! The best-selling documentary DVD of all time is now available as a numbered edition globe case you’ll feel proud to display. Every time you watch, you’ll be amazed by the stunning high-definition images that capture our vast natural world. Includes commentary and hours of intriguing extras. Narrated by Sir David Attenborough.
- 110 minutes of behind the scenes footage – one 10-minute behind the scenes program for each episode
- Planet Earth – The Future – This 3-part series looks at what the future may hold for endangered animals, habitats and – ultimately – ourselves. Following the environmental issues raised by Planet Earth, it asks why so many species are threatened and how they can be protected in future.
- Commentary on select episodes
- Great Planet Earth Moments – Relive the greatest moments of this revolutionary series and discover how these scenes were captured on film!
- Snow Leopard: Beyond the Myth – The BBC Natural History Unit explores a secret cave deep in the mountains of Pakistan where generations of snow leopards return each year to raise their young.
- Secrets of the Maya Underworld – The freshwater pools that dot Mexico’s Yucatan peninsula were believed by the Mayans to be portals to the underworld. For the first time ever, the BBC Natural History Unit explores this incredible, labyrinthine system of underground rivers.
- Elephant Nomads of the Namib Desert – Follow the struggle for survival of two female elephants trying to raise their young in one of the harshest climates on Earth.
- “Music Only” viewing option
BBC Natural History Collection
The BBC has gathered four of its most outstanding, award-winning high definition natural history series into one spectacular 10-disc Blu-ray collection! Experience the best the Earth has to offer in stunningly clear high definition.
Witness rare action, impossible locations and intimate moments with our planet’s best-loved creatures with the critically acclaimed, Emmy-winning Planet Earth Special Edition, now packed with over seven hours of extras; travel the length and breadth of China and discover the fabulous diversity of its natural wonders in Wild China; visit the home of the most astonishing creatures found anywhere on Earth with Galápagos; and discover a kaleidoscope of color and energy as you explore the river that shaped the wildlife, culture and beliefs of India in Ganges. It’s your world as you’ve never seen it before in dazzling Blu-ray high definition!
Enter using the widget below to win this exciting Blu-Ray Prize Pack!
Blu-ray Prize Pack:
- 1 Limited Edition Planet Earth Globe
- 1 Frozen Planet
- 1 BBC Natural History Collection
GO ON THE ULTIMATE POLAR BEAR ADVENTURE COURTESY OF BBC HOME ENTERTAINMENT AND TAUCK
SWEEPSTAKES BEGIN MARCH 2, 2012 & CONCLUDES JULY 31, 2012
Frozen Planet arrives on DVD and Blu-ray on April 17, 2011
Ahead of the DVD and Blu-ray release of the acclaimed series Frozen Planet, BBC Home Entertainment and Tauck, a world leader in premium guided natural history travel, today kick off their Polar Bear Adventure Sweepstakes. Two pairs of lucky winners (one in the US and one in Canada) will receive a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to observe these magnificent, endangered polar bears up close as well as discover the rich human and natural history of Manitoba, Canada.
The six-day adventure grand prize includes:
• Round trip airfare to Winnipeg, Manitoba
• Private charter flights between Manitoba and Churchill
• Local sightseeing and two full-day excursions deep into polar bear country
• A private cocktail party and dinner at the Manitoba Museum
• A storytelling session with a First Nation resident
• A dog sledding demonstration
• And much more
It will truly be the trip of a lifetime for the winners of the BBC Home Entertainment/Tauck Polar Bear Adventure Sweepstakes.
Only persons residing in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, United States and Yukon who are at least 21 years of age can enter. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY.
To Enter, Visit: www.frozenplanetdvd.com
A world-leader in upscale guided travel, Tauck has been named to Travel + Leisure’s prestigious list of the “World’s Best Tour Operators & Safari Outfitters” in each of the past 14 years, and is currently the magazine’s #1-rated “World’s Best River Cruise Line.” Tauck offers nearly 100 inspiring land journeys and small ship cruise itineraries in 60+ countries. Each reveals the rich, engaging, cultural “story” of the featured destination, showcasing its must-see attractions while providing insider access to authentic, off-the-beaten-path experiences that are either unavailable or unknown to most travelers. The company also delivers tremendous value. An independent traveler duplicating a Tauck itinerary would spend up to 40% more than they would by traveling with Tauck.
About BBC Worldwide Americas:
BBC Worldwide is the main commercial arm and a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). BBC Worldwide Americas brings together all of BBC Worldwide businesses across North and South America. The company exists to maximize the value of the BBC’s assets for the benefit of the UK license payer, and invests in public service programming in return for rights. The company has seven core businesses: Channels, Sales and Distribution, Content and Production, Consumer Products, Digital Media, Magazines, and recently formed Brands, Consumers & New Ventures. Under these businesses fall two key brands in the US – digital cable channel BBC America and a bi-coastal production arm responsible for the smash hit Dancing with the Stars for ABC.
a Rafflecopter giveaway